(the following is a guest post from Dr. Sue Brady)
As a Mormon woman Democrat I believe in the following:
- Minimum wages and progressive taxation (higher rates for higher income brackets)
- Support for a broader range of social services
- Stronger involvement in anti-discrimination laws and environmental regulations
- Decrease in military spending and stricter gun control legislation
- A belief that government should be of the people, by the people and for the people
- It helps all of society to assist the weakest and poorest of all
- The country should work together to create jobs during a weak economy
- Everyone is entitled to health care regardless of his ability to pay
- Equal pay for equal work
Of course there are additional reasons why I am a Mormon Democrat, but the main reasons are listed above.
It is a puzzle to me why everyone doesn't choose to be a Democrat!
Dr. Susan L. Brady (Harkness)
Principal, Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts and a former Stake Relief Society President